It has been a really long time since I posted anything. You can decided if I have a really boring life or I am "too busy". Any who, I can't believe that November is over and Christmas is only 3 1/2 weeks away.
To start the month of November off, Randy and I were invited to Vegas by Andy and Nicole to go to the SEMA Show. Andy is Randy's long time high school friend and SEMA is the biggest automotive trade shows in the world. We saw lots of cool and crazy cars/trucks, ate some great food, did some shopping and had a lot of fun with our friends. Thanks for inviting us!
Randy took his PCAT (Pharmacy College Admission Test) in October and we got his score last week. He did GREAT (84)!!! Other than stressing over his normal school work load and staying up too late studying, he has been working on his '49 Ford and applying to pharmacy schools.
Besides working everyday, I have been working on Christmas presents. Because we are trying to save money we decided to make most of our Christmas gifts. I can't say what we are making for fear that someone will know what they are getting, but I have learned some new skills and have enjoyed it thoroughly. In October I went to the doctor and found out I am hypothyroid. I have been taking some medicine to help regulate my thyroid, but will go back this month to have some more blood work done to make sure everything is regulated. I don't know if this is something I will have to deal with my entire life, but I have felt so much better since starting the medicine.
In regards to the dogs.........well, dogs will be dogs! However, if George is not careful we might only have 2 dogs by Christmas time. After 2 1/2 years of having this dog, he has decided to mark my dining chairs every morning, even if he has been outside all night. On Thanksgiving day Randy and I come home to let the dogs in to feed them. I am walking out of the kitchen to the dining table and see George lift his leg!!! I scream bloody murder and proceed to throw the mop at him!!! I know, not the best reaction, but I did not have my soda can full of pennies in my back pocket. Needless to say, he still marked the chair! He was so scared that he sat next to Randy, shook like crazy, and would shake worse if I came close to him. He's a wimpy dog!
Thanksgiving was great. Brady, Jami, David and Joseph were here and I enjoyed every minute! I can't wait till Christmas when Brady comes and for March (hopefully) when I go to visit Jami, David and Joseph. I will post some pictures later.
Jumping Back In!
1 year ago
3 comments:
How fun Em! I'm glad you're feeling better and that you had a great Thanksgiving! Miss you lots and lots!!! And congrats to Randy!! I'm so excited for you guys!
I'm glad you've just been busy... I go in waves of getting bored with blogging, but eventually I'm always back. :)
Yes, congrats to Randy! I'll keep crossing my fingers for the South Jordan location for schooling.
I am sorry about your thyroid issues. My Mom, Sister, and Aunt have hyperthyroid as well, but they had thiers radioactivly done in. And have to take medicine regularly still. Let me know if I can ask them any questions for you.
much love!
It was so fun hanging out with you guys in Las Vegas! The story about the dog is hilarious. I would have done the same thing I think!
Post a Comment