Saturday, April 12, 2008

This is gonna be a long one

Boy! have Randy and I been busy this past month. Not only did we go to San Antonio to see PINKS ALL OUT and my friend Jim, we purchased a new vehicle, saw a friend, sold a old vehicle and gotten really behind on housework and homework. I also think our pups have felt a little neglected. The saddest part of all is I lost my "allowance" playing BUNCO with my friends!

Yes we bought a new vehicle. I can't call it a car because it is HUGE! It is a F-250 Super Duty Diesel Pickup and Randy absolutely loves it.


We bought it on ebay which usually means you have to travel a long long ways to get whatever you purchased, especially if it is a big purchase. And that was exactly the case. We had to somehow get to Tampa Florida to pick it up. I was so excited because I have never been there and I am ALWAYS up to any kind of trip! I called in "sick" to work on Friday and we hopped on a plane to Florida on Easter weekend. We get there at about 1:00, they pick us up in our new Pickup and we are off to sign all the paperwork. After the truck is offically ours we headed off to the beach!

We felt so out of place. We leave Amarillo and it is about 30 degrees and walk off the plane in jeans, t-shirts and a jacket. Luckily I packed some sandals. We roll up our jeans and put our Burks on and head off to the beach. I think every person we passed looked at us like we were crazy! We get to the water and all we see are women in bikinis. We walked in the water a little bit, took some pictures, and got really hot; so we walked back to the truck and headed to Augusta.

Since we were so close to Georgia we decided to surprise my best friend from college, Shari! Well it was suppose to be a surprise, but she figured it out at the last minute. We arrived at Shari's house at 3:00am and slept. It was so good to see her!!! We have not seen her since our wedding. The little time we did spend with her and her family was great, even if we spent two hours at Good Year tire. We ate good fun, laughed, caught up, and played a little Wii.
Shari I love you and think of you often!
We left at 7:00pm Saturday evening and proceed to drive the rest of the way home, approx 1300 miles. While Randy drove I slept and while I drove Randy slept. With all the stops, sightseeing, etc, we made it home in 23 hours. It was a long trip, but worth every minute.

Because we bought a car we had to sell one of our cars. It is very hard to do but we did it. Randy put his beloved 4-Runner up for sale. The coolest part is we sold it to someone famous....okay not really. But he is a well know community figure in Amarillo. Andy Justus from "Faith and Justus" on channel 4! He is a very nice person and we are glad we sold it to someone that will take care of it. It is so strange that 2 people could have such an attachment to a piece of metal.

Last night I went to a Bunco party with a bunch of ladies from church. It was so fun!!! I have only played Bunco once before, but this was by far the most fun I have had in along time (outside of my family of course). We all put in $10 and played for a prize. I really enjoyed myself and am looking forward to another get to gather!

Well that is all I have to post for now. Please don't judge me for not posting as often as I should. I blame it on my dogs......they keep me sooooooo busy! hehe

10 comments:

Eliza said...

Hey Em thanks for the update you guys totally have an exciting life. I mean buying a car from Ebay... that's pretty cool. I love that you sold your old car to Andy Justice, let just say I'm a fan. I had a blast at bunco and can't wait for next month!!

Erin Lemons said...

I am also a fan of our bunco shenanigans. can't wait to play again

Paula said...

I'm watching Faith and Justice right now! I love them, if you had to sell your 4-runner, I'm glad you sold it to a local celebrity, I feel like it went to a good home!

Paula said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Yea a new post! I like the new truck, Cory wants a new car so bad! I don't know this Justice guy but it sounds like he'll take good care of you 4 runner!

Ashlie said...

You're a busy girl Em! Sounds like you're living and loving life. You deserve nothing less!

Ben Davis said...

It was so good seeing you!! I miss you and often think of all the fun we used to have!! Love ya!!!

Ben Davis said...

This is Shari by the way. Just in case you were confused!! :)

Jami said...

It's about time I got to see the newest addition to the Fauske family.That's a nice truck. David says a truck = manhood. Anyway, can't wait to see everyone. Hope we make it there without any major sickness or other tragedy.

Anonymous said...

Cool Truck!! Getting a new vehicle rocks!!